Sunday, November 04, 2012

weekly stash report & Halloween wrap up

I promised myself I was going to make the most of October this year. Did I manage it?


I did tromp through corn mazes with my kids, and carve pumpkins, and take everyone out trick or treating in a real neighborhood in the dark (as opposed to trudging store to store down Main Street in broad daylight), and have a ghost hunt... and I'm not going to count watching monster movies as a family, since we wind up doing that almost every month.


got a Halloween quilt quilted before Halloween (two if I can count Happy Jack from earlier this summer), and got them hung on the wall. And I tried to piece a black widow spider, but I still haven't figured out how to make those legs work the way I want them to. 



That sounds like more than I've managed the past few years, but I've never kept track and written it all down. Now what's the plan for November? More baking with pumpkin, definitely.  And then there's December...

Anna Luther -- I wrote about her new ebook 75 Ways to Have More Fun at Home last month -- has a new book, Fun Holiday Traditions, which is free when you sign up for her email list.  It's worth checking out if you're trying to get motivated to tackle the holidays.

Weekly Stash Report 

I was so close to having a second baby quilt done this week, but those last few minutes of quilting just didn't happen. Next week, I'll have more finishes to report and some yardage used up!

This week, it was 2 1/4 yards for the Scrappy Blue Pinwheels baby quilt, and 1/4 yard for my Nancy Drew book sleeve.

Fabric Used this Week: 2.5 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 59 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards  
Added Year to Date: 446 yards
Net Added for 2012: 387 yards

Yarn Used this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 995 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 3900 yards
Net Added for 2012: 2905 yards

To see more weekly stash reports, click over to Patchwork Times.

5 comments:

Denise :) said...

I think you had a pretty full October! Thanks for the share -- I like reading through lists like that! :)

mckie2 said...

Paper Panache's paper pieced spider: http://www.paperpanache.com/free/simplereqs/spider.htm

I think you got a lot done. Love Frankie!

Susan

Sweet Woodruff said...

I have that happy jack pattern and I have yet to make it. I love it too. Really need to get it done this coming year.

Jo said...

I am loving your Jack o Lantern quilt. I don't think I will accomplish much in November besides the wedding but then, that is a big accomplishment!

Dar said...

All your Halloween quilts are a blast. I guess this might be one of your favorite holidays???

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails