Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Spin Wheel

Monday, I told you that I wanted to try the Spin Wheel Block tutorial from Quilter's Nest. And yesterday I tried it. It's the first time I've made a block like this one, and also the first time I've used the 60 degree line on my rulers. 


I think my plan was to try a new technique, not start a brand new project. But I love the way this block looks, enough that I'm tempted to make an entire quilt. Anyone know how to figure out the size of a quilt top when it's made out of hexagons?

This post is linked to Try it on Tuesday at Jo's Country Junction.

6 comments:

Denise :) said...

Oooh ... I be tempted to enlarge it and use it as a topper!! LOL! :)

https://quiltingatthecottae.blogspot.com/ said...

it looks very original in its works..love it. keep going.

Rosa said...

I love your block.Go ,you can!!

Theresa said...

oh what a great design, I love it.

Barbara said...

Nice. I like this!

Lynette said...

Oh, that's cool - they would make a neat quilt :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails