Friday, January 11, 2013

Benny {a baby quilt tutorial}




Benny is one of the easiest of the scrappy baby quilts I make.

For a 32" square quilt, you'll need:

16 --  4 1/2" background squares
192 -- 2 1/2" squares


Piece the 2 1/2" squares into strips of two and four squares, two for each block. Press.


Sew a two square strip to each end of a background square. Press.


Sew four square strips to the other two edges of the background square. Press.



 Assemble the finished blocks into four rows of four blocks each. Quilt and bind.


This is a great quilt for using up small amounts of background fabric. You can add a bit of simple applique to the center square, or make it larger -- I like 8 1/2", which leaves room for a bigger applique.





If you do make this quilt, I'd love it if you linked up to my weekly Let's Make Baby Quilts! Linky Party. There's a list of my free baby quilt tutorials over in the sidebar and you  can find out when new ones are added by either following my blog or liking the Let's Make Baby Quilts Facebook page.

Let's Make Baby Quilts!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm almost finished cutting this adorable baby quilt! It hasn't even been an hour. I'm thrilled to find your webpage and a cute and quick pattern that's easy. I have a baby shower in 16 days that I was recently invited to. This will come together easily with time to spare for this working woman. Thank you so much!!

Julierose said...

Oh this is an adorable pattern--i have a ton of 2.5" squares--and was planning a postage stamp piece, but think I will do this instead--thank you so much;)) hugs, Julierose

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails