Monday, December 31, 2012

Let's make some baby quilts!

 
I love making baby quilts. They're instant gratification. They're great for using scraps and playing with new blocks or color schemes.

My plan for 2013 is to make at least fifty baby quilts.  Want to join me?  You don't have to set such a ridiculous goal -- you could do one a month, or one a season, or just one.

The quilts can be for donation, or for your own baby, or for a relative or friend's baby....I'm just trying to encourage you to have fun making little quilts.


I'll be posting tutorials for the baby quilts I've created myself, and links to the patterns I've discovered online. On Fridays we'll have a linky party and you can link to what you've finished, or what you're working on, or what you've got planned.

.


Care to join me?

Let's Make Baby Quilts!

8 comments:

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Count me in...not for 50, but this is starting out to be a baby quilt year. Last year I made huge quilts. A friend's 1st grandchild was born on Christmas Eve so that is my first order of business. I've settled on a pattern and now I have to conquer my fear of applique.

SUPERQUILTER said...

Yes I want to make baby quilts. May not make 50 but want to make some for a new grandbaby due about August.

Quilty Conscience said...

I also love baby quilts! I'll join you. Are you going to do a Flickr group? I have lots of UFO's that are baby quilt size and as I didn't finish many UFO's last year, that is my goal for this year. Toni

Katherine said...

I will definitely join in! I won't be making 50...but I love an excuse to 1) spoil my newborn son, 2) spoil my friends' babies, and 3) make adorable quilts!

Cassandra said...

Fun! I'm contemplating joining in. I love challenges but seem to chafe under the "obligation" they make me feel. Hmmm... I will definitely be making a baby quilt for my new nephew! I hope to make at least one for charity as well. I'm a slow quilter. ;)

Dar said...

Sounds like fun. I made 3 baby quilts in 2012, and not sure how many will be needed this year. You may see me linking on Fridays sometimes.

Sallie said...

I've got your button on my blog and plan to make baby quilts this year for our church quilt ministry.

Leisa♠ said...

10012019--I'm new to quilting, but have enjoyed making baby quilts. Seems like many are having children. A handmade quilt is a lovely way to welcome baby. I've been making a quilt and matching changing pad. Thanks for your blog..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails