Monday, November 19, 2012

the turtles -- it's unanimous

Everyone, including me, has decided that the turtles need a border. Have I mentioned that I leave off borders whenever possible?


Knowing that I needed a border and being able to picture one that would work with my turtles were to totally different things. 

Then I read Margaret's comment: 

They need a border. Either something that looks like river rocks or water would be awesome. They would look like they were swimming... 

And Henrietta's:

Scrappy green snowballs set between two (narrow?) borders of your background fabric will look like pebbles or rocks.

Now I can picture exactly the border I want to make!  There's just that little problem of finding some time to pull out all of my green scraps (again) and cut the pieces... To see more design walls, head over to Patchwork Times.

2 comments:

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Making the two sides where they are headed look like water and the two side they are leaving look like sand will make them look like they are on the beach getting ready to start their journey in life. :D

Denise :) said...

Yay! Glad you found a good border solution! We don't want those turtles escaping!!! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails