Monday, November 05, 2012

turtles and tumblers

Ten of my sixteen turtles are pieced, and the fabrics are picked out for the other six. I'm not sure how I'm going to lay them out yet. That decision may have to wait until all of the turtles are pieced and I can see the whole thing.  




It's the quilting of this one that excites me. I want to play with different designs on each turtle and do a tight meander in the background spaces. How it turns out will determine whether or not this one goes to the boys or stays mine.

The top for my tumbler lap quilt is assembled.



To see more design walls, head over to Patchwork Times.

I'm absolutely drooling over the huge cross stitch patterns from Heaven and Earth Designs. It's like they looked into my head and came up with absolutely what I didn't know I wanted...and it doesn't help that they're on sale at 1-2-3 Stitch! right now. I'm wavering between Rhyme & Reason and Faery Tales and trying very hard to be good and not order either one.

Have you seen the "made fabric" quilt top over at Brown Dirt Cottage?

And look at these sewn bird gift tags that are part of the Holiday Bake, Craft & Sew Along at Skip to my Lou. I could whip those up so quickly with the birds die for my Go! cutter... 

I want to try the Spin Wheel Block Tutorial from Quilter's Nest....

What's out there that you want to try?

2 comments:

Denise :) said...

Oh good gravy ... do you know you've just set me up for another hour of following links because I'm a sucker for new things??!! I love your turtles -- and I love your anticipation of quilting them! Tumblers *are* on my list! :)

Allie said...

I LOVE your turtles!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails