Friday, November 30, 2012

Bento Box



My Bento Box top waited three and a half years for me to work up the nerve to quilt it. I was so emotionally involved with this project that I din't want to screw it up. It hung on the quilt ladder for a while...it was folded on top of the treadle sewing machine for a while....it made its way up to the sewing room and sat there for a while...

I'm glad I waited. When I first finished the top, I didn't have the skills to quilt it. I knew I didn't want to stitch in the ditch. Beyond that, I didn't know what to do. I was afraid that any thread I used to meander it woud look too dark against the light fabrics, or too light against the dark fabrics....

Last weekend, I pin basted it and meandered it and I couldn't be more pleased with how it came out. Unlike the pumpkin quilt I waited too long to finish, I think I timed this one just right.

And, although it's not a new finish, this is the first week I've been able to show off my Nancy Drew quilt. There's a picture in my sidebar, and a free pattern at the Moda Bake Shop.

I'm linking this post to Finish it Up Friday, Can I get a Whoop Whoop?, Link a Finish Friday, and Friday Finishes. and Thank Goodness it's Finished Friday.

11 comments:

Jo said...

It looks awesome Michelle. I love the colors.

Pattilou said...

I love those colors in bento box! Great quilt.

Nana Bluebird aka Kathy Aho said...

Wonderful accomplishment! Congrats, it looks fabulous.

Unknown said...

HeH! I saw the Moda Tutorial the other day...Wow! and I do love the bento box too.

Gunilla said...

Lovely colors and I like the Bento Box pattern

Lourdes said...

Very nice. Makes me what to try one. Just have to find the time to do it.

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

This is looking great. Congrats on the finish :)

Dar said...

It looks lovely. Congrats on getting it quilted.

M-R Charbonneau said...

Great finish! Congrats on the FMQ too -- it looks great. Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

Tanya said...

It looks wonderful.

Lynette said...

Woohoo!! I think it's a very good thing to let important tops wait for our quilting skills to catch up to that stage, rather than barrel through for a quick finish. Some things are just worth the wait. :) This is a gorgeous bento.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails