Friday, November 16, 2012

Friday Finish -- Blue Monkey Business

This is the scrappy little quilt that I was intending to make when I cut those blue triangles I wound up using for Scrappy Blue Pinwheels.


The pattern is from Scrap-Basket Surprises by Kim Brackett. To make it a baby quilt, I left off the borders and one row of swirly shapes (which is actually several rows of blocks from the middle of the quilt - they layout of this one still makes my head spin a bit!)  


Now that I've made this one, I can see how to make the scrappier version that I was trying for. I need to use squares instead of triangles. Or get myself a chisel die for my Go! cutter...

I'm linking this post to Finish it Up Friday, Can I get a Whoop Whoop?, Link a Finish Friday, and Friday Finishes.

8 comments:

Denise :) said...

Michelle, I really like this ... I love the double pattern it creates with the offsetting, neutral fabric!! I clicked over -- the book looks like fun. Hmmmm.... :)

Jan said...

What fabulousness! Kim's books are great, right?

Richard Healey said...

That is just a amazing quilt I had to pin it.

http://richardquilts.blogspot.com
http://trackmyshows.com

Unknown said...

Love it! Love the blues!

Lynette said...

Cute! Love the blues again.

Paulette said...

I love this! Really, very cool!

straythreads said...

I like the simplfied version of the snail trail. and love the scrappiness. Ann

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Lots of whoops from me! This is fab :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails