Wednesday, November 21, 2012

{yarn along} I am making progress!

Here's the shawl again, except this time I'm ready to start the border.  That makes me a little nervous, since I was just settling in to the stitch pattern. I don't have it memorized, but I can see how it works and where the stitches should fall...

 

I need to put in a lifeline before I do anything else, because looking a the chart just confuses me. I have a feeling I'll be doing this more than once, and I'm not about to knit that center section a third time. There haven't been many chances for reading this week. I finished Cherry Ames, Ski Nurse
(too much skiing and not enough nursing to make that one much fun) and started Peril Over the Airport, another Vicki Barr mystery.

And I'm reading my sons Day My Butt Went Psycho. Seriously, there are no words to describe this book. I don't think I've ever slogged through a children's book this tedious -- but the boys are absolutely loving it. For another chapter, they'll do their schoolwork, clean up the Perler beads that are scattered across the table, stop bickering.... I can't stand potty humor, but if it gives me this kind of leverage, I'll put up with it. (And if anyone knows some titles that are in the same vein but less boring, I'd be thrilled to know what they are!)

For more fun projects to drool over, check out On the Needles at Patchwork Times and Work in Progress Wednesdays at Tami's Amis.


3 comments:

Jo said...

Wow...the knitting looks amazing.

momto5 said...

your shawl looks amazing. and the book for the kids sounds funny. lol

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Sounds like your boys might like the Captain Underpants series.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails