Tuesday, November 13, 2012

exciting things in the driveway


I can't tell you how excited  I am about the new-to-us SUV sitting in our driveway. Not because I wanted a new car, but because the hunt is over. I like having something reasonably safe and reliable to drive. And I really like the idea of having something we can play in the desert with, and load all of the kids and camping gear into.

I'm also a little excited about the pallets.

They're to stack firewood onto. They're not mine. But that didn't stop me from hopping over to Pinterest and drooling over all of  the nifty things people are doing with pallets.  Wanna see my favorites?

(I know about the safety concerns. If I ever do try any of these things, I promise to do my research and get safe pallets. Or to use old barn wood.)

This coffee table is my absolute favorite. I would love, love, love to have that in my living room. Never mind that those fantastic iron wheels would probably cost more than a brand new table from the furniture store. Or that my kids would absolute ride around on it. I'm daydreaming today. Daydreams don't have to be practical.

5 comments:

Denise :) said...

Congratulations!! May your new-to-you SUV give you many years and miles of problem-free driving!!! And I like pallet ideas, very much!!! :)

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

Know what you mean about shopping for a different car. My old one was going on 22 yr. old so I knew I needed to be looking. It was such a relief to find the one I've had for about three weeks now. Just hope it will be somewhat as durable as the last one.

Susan R. said...

Do you mind sharing what SUV you brought? We have a 10 year old van that we love and are looking at replacements when this van finally goes. We would like a van (not many choices out there) or a SUV able to seat six and pull a pop-up camper.

Mary said...

All of the pallet uses now amuse me. We have a couple of things my husband's grandfather built out of pallets over 50 years ago. I guess we were ahead of our times!

Allie said...

Congrats on your new car!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails