Saturday, November 10, 2012

I finally know what I want to do with these



I started these Dresden Plates back in 2007, following a pattern from my old magazine stash. You can see a glimpse of what they were supposed to be in this post. I think I put them aside because they wouldn't lay flat and I didn't know how to make them behave.  There was also supposed to be a pieced border, but that fabric was absorbed into the rest of my stash a long time ago, and that made me even less motivated to struggle with them. 

Then I made Lobster Sue and fell in love with the way the batting and quilting looked after a trip through the wash. I've got just enough of the batting left to make these four plates into a little quilt, so that's the new plan.

After I trim a whole lot of threads...


You don't realize what a wonderful thing chain piecing and leaders and enders are until you pick up an old project that's got this many threads dangling from it!

2 comments:

Denise :) said...

Haha ... dangling threads are my nemesis! I think your plates are pretty -- it will be fun to see what you do with them! :)

Linda said...

I can't wait to see what you decide to do with the plates!! What fun! Have a great afternoon!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails