Friday, November 02, 2012

Friday Finish - Scrappy Blue Pinwheels

First I thought I wanted to make a scrappier version of one of the quilts from Scrap Basket Suprises, so I cut a bunch of blue squares and half square triangles. Then I changed my mind about which quilt from the book I wanted to try. Then I decided that there was a better way to accomplish what I wanted to do... which left me with a whole bunch of blue and white half square triangle units that wouldn't be useful to my latest vision.

So I made pinwheels. And I surrounded them with the blue squares. And for a quilt I didn't plan to make, I think it's pretty darn cute.



I cut more pieces for the quilt from the book, my blue and white Monkey Business Baby Quilt and it's almost done, just one more corner to quilt and the binding to do.

I'm dying to try some of the patterns from the Pajama Quilter DVD that came in the mail this week (why didn't anyone tell me there are bees?!?!), but I decided I should make sure my quilting problems really were because of the fusible batting I used on the monster quilt. Now that the rest of the batting is in the trash, I'm quilting happily again.

I'm linking this post to Finish it Up Friday, Can I get a Whoop Whoop?, Link a Finish Friday.

12 comments:

Caryl @ cinnamon holiday workshop said...

Very beautiful!!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I love quilts that show off the fabrics like yours does!

Jan said...

It is pretty darn cute!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

There is nothing fresher than blue and white.

Lynette said...

It's REALLY cute for quilt you hadn't planned. :D Way to go!

Sarcastic Quilter said...

I really like the scrappy squares around the pinwheels (one of my favorits). It's so uniform even if it is scrappy fabric and that's awesome

Anonymous said...

very pretty,well done.xx

SuperMomNoCape said...

Don't you just love it when things work out like that. The quilt is really pretty.

Virginia said...

Loved your unplanned quilt. I also have Pajama Quilter's DVDs and still need to practice before trying machine quilting again.

Karen H said...

Very pretty, love this!

Richard Healey said...

I love the blue the pinwheels are cute. Thanks for linking up.

http://richardquilts.blogspot.com/
http://www.etsy.com/shop/RichardQuilts

trish said...

Very nice! :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails