Sunday, November 25, 2012

why you shouldn't take credit for other people's cooking

You know those commercials and movie scenes where  someone is sneakily transferring food from take out cartons or TV dinner trays onto the family china to make it look like they spent the entire day slaving over a special meal? I can tell you exactly why you shouldn't do that!

Hubby's birthday was last week, on the one day that the kids and I get home late because they have activities. If it had been his day off, we would've probably skipped our usual routine to celebrate with him, but he was working a long shift. I figured I could get take out from one of our favorite places and slip in the door just as he was getting home.

I wasn't trying to make him think I'd cooked any of it myself. As soon as he saw the chicken fried steak, he was going to know exactly what restaurant it came from.  The salad, though, looked like something I'd thrown together myself.  So I got the initial credit for the salad and the crumpled up bit of paper towel that was hidden in with the lettuce and dressing. 

That's just not fair!  Maybe I should stick with my own version of chicken fried steak...

Weekly Stash Report

Fabric Used this Week: 3.25 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 68.5 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 446 yards
Net Added for 2012: 377.5 yards

(104 yards flung)

Yarn Used this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 995 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 3900 yards
Net Added for 2012: 2905 yards

To see more weekly stash reports, click over to Patchwork Times.

3 comments:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I just try for the using number to be higher…..that way I don’t feel so bad when Frank comes into the room and frowns……

Angie in SoCal said...

LOL - my DH loves when I get him his favorite barbecue and finds it on his plate. He knows I can't make it.

Beth in MN said...

Just remember that the extra fabric helps with insulation during the winter months! LOL

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails