Sunday, August 05, 2012

sewing in the heat

I didn't make it out to look for the green Ric Rac last night. By the time it cooled down enough, I was busy working on other things.



Like getting my own scrappy red pinwheel quilt almost quilted and bound. My tension went haywire 3/4 of the way through. I've re threaded, tried a new bobbin, tried a new spool, cleaned the machine, changed the needle.... None of it helped. Apparently the Janome was due for a hissy fit. She does that.

The tension is fine when I'm not trying to free motion quilt, so I'm back to piecing and hoping that she decides to behave herself tomorrow. At least it didn't happen while I was finishing my latest Moda quilt.

Because they're already pressed and I don't have to use an iron, I've been cutting my pile of 1 1/2" strips into Lego Quilt sized bricks.



My weekly stash report numbers grew this week. Joann's was having their Founder's Day sale, with a coupon for 25% off of the entire purchase, and fat quarters were ninety-nine cents, so I stocked up on some colors I need for the String Fling quilts...and Walmart had some nice yarn on clearance so I bought yarn for the first time this year.

There would have been fabric used if the Janome had behaved. To see more weekly stash reports, click over to Patchwork Times.


Fabric Used this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 38 yards
Added this Week: 21 yards
Added Year to Date: 135 yards
Net Added for 2012: 118 yards

1 comment:

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Michelle. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. I understand about the heat--it's 110 F in the shade today...fortunately I only have to move my fingers when I hand stitch while draping myself over the AC. I enjoyed seeing your quilts and projects.
best from Tunisia,
nadia

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails