Monday, August 13, 2012

Design Wall Monday - Daylilies and Legos



The temperature shot back up, putting my string blocks on hold for the moment. It's supposed to hit 102 later this week -- not something I'm looking forward to. The string blocks can wait. Until it cools back down, I'm piecing strips for the Lego quilt and ironing them in quick little bursts.

I can't run the fan and the iron at the same time, so it's forcing me to work a lot more efficiently. Iron a stack of strips, then unplug the iron, plug the fan back in, and trim them down to the right length.



This may be a long term project. Part of me wants to keep digging through the scrap bags and see how much more variety I can add. And part of me is having so much fun piecing the strips together that I don't want to stop and hunt for more fabric...we'll see what happens.

Last week's goals were to quilt and bind the red and white scrappy pinwheels, and to finish picking fabric for the Daylilies blocks. The red and white quilt is done, and I've decided to make the petals completely scrappy instead of fussing so much over the color choices.

This week's goals...I'll just see what I can manage to get done.

To see more design walls, head over to Patchwork Times.

6 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Wow....stay cool.

Denise :) said...

Gracious -- our August temps have been relatively cool so far. I know what you mean about not being able to run the fan and the iron at the same time. Crazy, isn't it? Stay cool!!! Or at least as cool as you can! :)

scraphappy said...

Lovely little Lego blocks. Small strips can be so addictive. Watch out or you will be doing a postage stamp quilt before you know it.

Quilter Kathy said...

That is a tough call... to be able to iron or to be cool! I would have to go with comfort I think!

Unknown said...

Oh to have an electrician in your life...decisions, decisions...love the lego blocks, dizzy just looking at them!

joe tulips said...

this reminds me, I have my own lego blocks that have been sitting for quite some time now. They are in the eventually I will get back to them pile. Will you combine the lilies and the legos?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails