Friday, August 17, 2012

on my needles -- a bat and a bee

More little Halloween hats for the NICU!




The orange hat the is the Basic Beanie from Warm Hats for Wee Noggins. I love that textured knit pom pom! She also uses it on the stocking caps in the book, which I seem to be steadily knitting my way through. I found the instructions for the garter stitch bat over at Natural Suburbia

The bee is a free pattern from Creative Knitting. I love those little antennae and plan to knit more little bug hats in different colors, but I think I'll use the Basic Beanie pattern so that I can vary the sizes a bit.

This post is linked to on the needles at Patchwork Times and Show and Tell Saturday at be different act normal.

4 comments:

Deb A said...

Those hats are so cute! Thanks for the link for the free pattern. I might have to find some yarn and knit up one or two to donate.

Allie said...

Too cute!

Dixie n Dottie said...

These are really cute! Well done! We'd love if you'd link up to our Countdown to Fall link party! Hope to see you there! Happy weekend!
http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/2012_08_13_archive.html

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

These are soooo sweet!!
Noggins...haven't heard that word in awhile ;)
Thanks so much for linking up at I Gotta Create! <3 Christina

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails