Saturday, August 04, 2012

NewFO - Daylilies

Google says it's 100 degrees outside...too hot to go climbing stairs and chasing after that green Ric Rac that I know is in the sewing room. What I don't know is how many packages there are, since it was a yard sale find a few summers back. Or how it will look with the green fabric I'm using...

It's also too hot for sewing, but I had the whole day to spend at home and I wasn't going to give up the first big block of quilting time I've had in ages.

The temperature inside the house is a delicate thing on days like today. Anything that produces heat, even my laptop, seems to drive up the temperature. I needed a project that wouldn't take much ironing.

Since string blocks were out, I decided to tackle one of the pieced blocks for Daylilies.



It's not perfect, but it's the first time I've worked with diamonds or set in seams. I'm happy with it. Now I've got to decide if I want to follow Bonnie's instructions for the applique stems or experiment with some ric rac.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails