Friday, August 24, 2012

on my needles -- a pineapple this time

Still obsessing about little Halloween hats here... I can't decide if the pineapple or the beehive is my favorite this week!



The pineapple hat is a scaled down version of this free pattern from Chili con Yarn. I made this same hat for Leif when he was a newborn, and had completely suppressed all memory of how hard that stitch pattern was on my hands. But for a preemie size version, it was totally worth it.

The beehive hat is a free pattern from Knitting for the NICU, with a bee inspired by the one at Sweetp Knits.

Little Frankie Stein is a pattern from the book Warm Hats for Wee Noggins. I didn't have any buttons, so I knit bobbles for his eyes. The two other hats are from the same book. Did I mention my goal of knitting my way through it?

This post is linked to on the needles at Patchwork Times and Show and Tell Saturday at be different act normal.

3 comments:

Judy D in WA said...

Such cute, cute hats! Love each of them. I think my littles would love the Frankie hat!

straythreads said...

Those are just too cute!!
Ann

Jo said...

I don't think I can pick my favorite either. All are precious!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails