Friday, May 10, 2013

Let's Make Baby Quilts! {week 19}

I often get asked what the name of whatever baby quilt I'm working on at the time is going to be, and I usually don't have an answer. Most of the names come later. Sometimes I think of the perfect name while I'm still in the middle of making the quilt.  Steve got a last minute name change when I decided to use Blue's Clues fabric for the backing. Emily was going to be Amelia until I decided to save that name in case I ever make a girly airplane quilt.

And sometimes I start with the name. This quilt was always going to be Sadie and it was always going to have pink churn dash blocks on a brown background.



Coming up with names for these quilts is so much fun!  No one but me and my blog readers will ever know these names, but they make the quilts feel more distinct.

Let's Make Baby Quilts Linky Party Rules:

Link directly to your post or specific Flickr photo. Your post can be about a baby quilt that's finished, or in progress, or you can be writing about what you have planned, but it's got to be about baby quilts. While we're still gathering steam, you're welcome to link to baby quilt posts that aren't brand new, but please don't submit the same post or picture more than once. I'd love it if you linked back to my site, either with a text link or the Let's Make Baby Quilts! button.





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails