Monday, May 27, 2013

sweetened condensed milk again

I made Honey Walnut Shrimp for lunch, this time cutting the mayonnaise by half and doubling the honey and sweetened condensed milk. It made a HUGE different -- no odd mayo taste to this batch!



The only other problem with this recipe is that it uses a tablespoon of sweetened condensed milk, leaving me with the rest of the can. It's too expensive to throw away and I really didn't want to make another bath of those peanut butter and biscuit mix cookies...

Luckily Jo's daughter Kelli has a recipe for Yummy-Yummy Monster Bars that uses a can  of the stuff!  I gambled that it would work with the missing tablespoon and they came out just fine.



I think I've got a new favorite lunch and dessert combination!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails