Sunday, May 19, 2013

a bit of a winning streak

Renee at Sparrow Lane gave away a package of fabric and makeup and an adorable little zippered bag to celebrate her 100th post, and I was lucky enough to win it.
 
The zipper on that bag is just perfect, with little sewn tabs and a pull loop made from the same fabric. Bias edges may not scare me, but I don't do zippers unless I have to, and then I don't do them well.  I'm thinking this is a skill I need to improve.
 

And Barb from Bejeweled Quilts by Barb gave away a copy of her new quilt design, Tulips and Tumblers. As soon as I saw the pattern, I was tempted to order it. The rings and flowers are  cut with AccuQuilt dies and it's just so pretty! It was a happy surprise when I won the giveaway. I think this pattern would justify some fabric shopping, don't you?





Weekly Stash Report

Fabric Used this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 39 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 87 1/4 yards
Net Added for 2013: 48 1/4 yards

Yarn Used this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 1150 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 7100 yards
Net Added for 2013: 5950 yards

To see more weekly stash reports, click over to Patchwork Times.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Nothing in balances out the nothing, so you still had a good week.

Dar said...

I'd say you were a very lucky lady. You might want to think about the playing the lottery at this rate. Those are some very nice wins, indeed.

Dora, the Quilter said...

congratulation on your lovely wins!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails