Thursday, May 30, 2013

thinking about heels

I finished a pair of socks on our  road trip -- and started another.  When we got in the car, I  was just past the toe increases on the second sock. A day and a half later, I was binding off the sock. That's got to be a new record for me.


The yarn is Knitpicks Landscape in the New England Foliage colorway.... 64 stitches on size 2 (I think) dpns...k3p1 ribbing on the top of the foot, short row heels, k2p2 ribbing on the legs.

I'm starting to wonder if there might be a better heel for knitting in the car. I can do just about everything on these basic socks except for turning the heels and starting the toes without staring at my knitting. Maybe heels with flaps would free up my eyes for watching the scenery.... any suggestions for me to research?

This post is linked to to Finish it Up Friday, Can I get a Whoop Whoop?, and Freedom Fridays,

3 comments:

Dora, the Quilter said...

I do use the flap style heel. I have to look at the beginning of the the row, but then I'm on the way!

Laura said...

Lucky you to be able to knit in the car! I can't do anything productive without getting carsick. I waste lots of hours riding in the car.

Sara said...

Pretty socks!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails