I started these Dresden Plates back in 2007, following a pattern from my old magazine stash. You can see a glimpse of what they were supposed to be in this post. I think I put them aside because they wouldn't lay flat and I didn't know how to make them behave. There was also supposed to be a pieced border, but that fabric was absorbed into the rest of my stash a long time ago, and that made me even less motivated to struggle with them.
Then I made Lobster Sue and fell in love with the way the batting and quilting looked after a trip through the wash. I've got just enough of the batting left to make these four plates into a little quilt, so that's the new plan.
After I trim a whole lot of threads...
You don't realize what a wonderful thing chain piecing and leaders and enders are until you pick up an old project that's got this many threads dangling from it!