Sunday, September 15, 2013

Why I Like Ravelry

I hadn't been on Ravelry much the last couple of years. I joined when the site was brand new and spent hours browsing the free patterns and adding every last bit of my yarn stash to the database. When I stopped knitting,  I stopped spending any time on the site.



Then Judy started that pooling sock yarn challenge and I logged in to look at my stash and see what colors of sock yarn I had...and then I remembered how much fun sock knitting is and started looking up shawl patterns.  Ravelry is way more fun with DSL instead of dial up!

It can also save you from yourself. I pulled up a shawl pattern that I remembered wanting to knit. I took a look at the picture, printed out the pattern, then glanced to the right of the screen and saw that I'd already knitted it. I had to go look at my project pictures before I was convinced.

Yup, I knitted the Swallowtail Shawl back in 2007.

Weekly Stash Report

Fabric Used this Week: 3 1/2 yards
Fabric Used year to Date: 62 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 233 1/4 yards
Net Added for 2013: 174 3/4 yards


Yarn Used this Week: 300 yards
Yarn Used year to Date: 2950 yards
Yarn Added this Week: 0 yards
Yarn Added Year to Date: 9500 yards
Net Added for 2013: 6550 yards

I'm linking up to Patchwork Times and Finding Fifth.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Ravalry, but some of the patterns have errors and so I must be careful.
It isn't as addicting as Pinterest, but pretty close.

Melanie said...

Isn't that funny? That happens to me with patterns and kits- I like them and right before I buy them I think...you know I might have that already... And sometimes I do! Lol!
Melanie at 1000needles.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails