Saturday, September 07, 2013

Lace One-Skein Wonders



Teenage Daughter has a complete collection of the One-Skein Wonders books from Storey Publishing and we've both made projects from most of them. The books are a great way to use up some of those single skeins of yarn we've bought because it was a pretty color or on sale for a great price.

Lace One-Skein Wonders is the latest book in the series and one that I'm dying to add to our collection. I'm writing this review based on a digital review copy provided by the publisher, but as soon as the book is available in print, I'll be ordering a copy.  When  I saw the title, I assumed that all of the patterns would be for lace-weight yarn. I was wrong. There are patterns calling for lace weight yarn and worsted weight yarn and everything in between.

Unlike some of the earlier books in the series, the patterns and photographs are together on the same page and some projects have multiple pictures. They're divided into easy to browse sections, so if you want socks, or mitts, or scarves, they'll be easy to find. Some of the patterns have written instructions for the lace, some have charts, and some have both.

Some of the lace is definitely easy enough for beginners, while some looks more challenging. Here are the ones I'm dying to cast on myself:

Butterflies Are Free:


Symmetria Scarf:


Melifera Shawl:


Trellis Mitts:

 
Disclosure -- Storey Press provided me with a review copy of the book.

1 comment:

SewLindaAnn said...

I also am a collector of these books, they're wonderful and I'm going to add this one to the wish list.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails