Wednesday, September 12, 2018

{Thrift Shop Temptations} Some Days There's Next to Nothing

I thought we'd hit the thrift stores yesterday and get pictures for a couple of Temptations posts but nope. Seems like no one is donating anything interesting. 

Adult Daughter was desperate for chairs to go with her kitchen table, but pronounced these "fugly." I think they've got serious potential if they were cleaned up and reupholstered, but I'm not in the market for chairs right now. 


This little boy is definitely intense. Too intense for my walls!


I was almost tempted by these, but I'm about 99% sure I've already got the chart for Miss Hathaway's Garden in my stash and if I somehow don't, there are half a dozen other Marty Bell designs I'd rather stitch first. And I've recently bought a bunch of rag doll patterns that I'm in no hurry to make so I don't need a pre-printed kit.


There was an old gal at Value Village buying all of the yarn. She had two carts full, so I hope it was an amazing haul. Their yarn usually isn't cheap and from what I could see she was buying a lot of craft store acrylic. And knitting looms, so there was obviously a plan for it.

At the next store I found nine skeins of Knitpicks Wool of the Andes, all in a gorgeous shade of pink. I can sort of vaguely almost picture the shawl I want to knit from it.

And my son found these...


I don't know what it is that my thirteen-year-old likes so much about these Rose Tea figurines, but he likes them. He claimed the one that was in a little display cabinet I found at an estate sale earlier this year and then we found another at an estate sale for fifty cents.

Someone must have had a big collection and donated them all to the thrift shop...which had divided them up into five or six plastic bags. We bought two of the bags so I'm now twelve dollars poorer and have a very happy kid.

2 comments:

yorkie mom said...

I love the Rose Tea figures too.

colleen said...

The chairs look well made and the seat cover is easy to replace. We visit someone who has only chairs with arm rests it is a real pain to get up and down and slide into the table.
I have seen these small figurines especially for nativity scenes or for a specific cat or dog breed
Are the "collections" of them just shelf sitters?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails