Wednesday, June 05, 2019

The Hobby Lobby Yarn Incident of 2019...

Just look at how much self control I had in comparison to the Hobby Lobby Yarn Incident of 2018!


I was extremely restrained in my choices and only bought yarn that I had specific plans for. Except for those three gorgeous cakes of stuff on top.... I'm not sure what they're going to be like, but they were so pretty and soft I took the plunge and gave myself permission to experiment.

Last year taught me some lessons. I don't have the patience (or maybe it's the skill) for loosely spun yarn. Colorways that tend to stripe don't work well for triangular shawls. If the choices are roughly the same price, I should go for the ones with higher yardage so I can get more projects for my money.

I'm really hoping this yarn clearance is an annual thing because it gives me a chance to add some really nice yarn to my stash for dirt cheap.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails