Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Summer Plans


May is over and I've got a ton of projects to keep stitching on. If I have a plan beyond that, it's to work on reorganizing the sewing room now that the longer days give me plenty of warmth and light up there. 


Google tells me that the first day of Summer is June 21, but I think I'm ready to call it summer now. The temperatures have been all over the place, but they're predicting mid 90s later this week so I'm ready to pull out my chair and floppy hat and go see what kind of shape the swimming hole is in.  I figure even if the water is still high and fast, the teens can deal with it. There's a very short stretch between the "deep spot" and the ankle deep water so for big kids with supervision there's not much actual danger.

I'm looking forward to the Row by Row experience. The theme this time around is "taste the experience" and one shop close to home has a block with a vintage stand mixer that I can't live without. We'll see how many other rows I manage to pick up once I see the designs.

I'm still not sure if I'm going to make it to Sisters for the quilt show. That depends on the weather and the family's schedule and what mood I'm in by the time July rolls around.

That's as much planning as I'm going to do. I'll also be knitting at the bowling alley and by the river and in a new spot I can't wait to show you once it's all sorted out.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails