Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Montavilla Socks

They don't look the same color at all in this picture, but they're from the same skein of yarn. I'm pretty sure it's just contrast against the color of the porch boards or a trick of the light. 

Yarn: Knitpicks Hawthorne, Montavilla 

These have been on my needles for weeks. I know I had them on the coast trip back in March. Or maybe I just had the skein of yarn with me. At any rate, they're done now and I love the colors and I'm glad I added that simple bit of lace.



So I remember what I did...

Round 1 -- knit three, purl two
Round 2 -- knit two together, yarn over, knit one
Round 3 -- knit three, purl two
Round 4 -- knit one, yarn over, slip slip knit

It's not unique to me, but I couldn't find it when I needed it and couldn't remember it when it was time to start the pattern across the instep. The socks themselves are 64 stitches on dpns, increased to 65 stitches to make the lace pattern work.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails