Tuesday, November 15, 2011

only nine quilts



The stupid pulled muscle won, and I only finished nine quilts. But seven of those quilts didn't exist at all a week ago, and the other two would've sat until who knows when. And isn't that the point of a challenge -- trying to do something you know won't be easy?

The two other times I've tried this ten-baby-quilts-in-ten-days madness, I've had a stack of partially started projects to start with. This time, I had one top and nine blocks and no real plans.

So I'm calling it a success. I'll try it again, but it's not going to be soon!



This post is linked to Fabric Tuesday and Finish it up Friday.

7 comments:

Denise :) said...

Nine quilts is no easy feat! Congrats on a job well done -- now take a break, because you certainly deserve one!! :)

beaquilter said...

bravo!! 9 in 10 days is still awesome...... way to go, now get some TLC and rest :-)

Michele, a distracted quilter said...

OMG! If I knew how to represent a standing ovation in computer typed symbols I'd be doing it here. Well done. Not only nine - but nine really pretty ones. Congratulations on a successful achievement of your goals.

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

Wow! I'm so impressed! Not just with the number of quilts you finished, but with their beauty, as well. ;)

I would love to have you join me for my linky party...Time Travel Thursday. The link goes up on Wednesday nights around 9PM EST. Hope to see you there.

Blessings,
Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

Sue Daurio said...

Holy smokes and I was happy with 2 baby quilt finishes in 1 week! You did great!! I can't image getting 9 done, how inspiring!

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Wow...pat yourself on the back...they also look great.

Heather said...

I'd say that's a HUGE success! They are all just adorable, too. Great job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails