Monday, November 07, 2011

Baby Quilt Binge - Day 3

Instead of sewing binding before bed last night, I put together another quilt top. I can do binding no matter what else is going on. Time to lay out diagonally set blocks without little feet stampeding over the top of them is harder to come by.



It's just Pumpkin Carving without the pumpkins. And another excuse to play with the blue sheet. I think there's just enough of it left for a fourth baby quilt, if I plan the blocks carefully.

The kaleidoscope quilt is quilted and the binding just needs to be hand stitched. I originally bought the fabric to make an Irish Chain, but this is so much better!





One of my biggest fears with two color quilts like this is what to use for the backing. I was sure I'd have enough if I pieced the two colors, but I still had to find a twelve inch strip of something else to bring it up to size. Not quite what I had in mind, but it works.



This post is linked to Patchwork Times and Fabric Tuesday.

8 comments:

Amy said...

Very nice!

Jo said...

WOW...you are the busiest gal. All great, great projects. Id the Kaleidoscope quilt made with your GO!? I still love that blue sheet. There is something about it that really makes everything else POP! I am going to hunt down Kona in the same color next time I am to a store that has Kona.

Denise :) said...

You really are going to get your fill during this binge, aren't you??! I love the kaleidoscope quilt -- and I really like the illusion of curves that it makes! Great work! :)

Linda said...

Your kaleidoscope quilt is really nice! I'm going to have to add this one to my ever-growing-to-do-list. I love yours./

AnnieO said...

Wonderful Kaleidoscope, and the pieced backing is terrific.

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Your Kaleidoscope quilt is great and I think your baby quilt is going to be very sweet :)

Carla said...

The quilt came out wonderfully!

Leanne said...

Both your quilts are lovely!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails