Saturday, October 19, 2019

Stitchcraft: An Embroidery Book of Simple Stitches and Peculiar Patterns

I have a new favorite needlework book! 


If you've been reading my blog you'll know how intrigued I am by vintage crewel. Stitchcraft: An Embroidery Book of Simple Stitches and Peculiar Patterns by Gayla Partridge is exactly what I didn't know I was looking for -- a combination of those gorgeous botanical embroideries and the stuff you'd find in a curiosity cabinet.

Look at the botanical heart....


There are three different hearts to choose from, along with lungs and other flowery anatomical specimens.  I'll be honest -- one or two of these are too graphic for me to stitch. Just thinking about stitching a diagram of the inside of a tooth makes me squirm in discomfort. But I could see stitching the dissected frog.

And I definitely want to stitch these two...


To see my flip through and video review, click below....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails