Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Knitting in Portland

Did I mention that I have a new shawl on my needles? It's a garter stitch triangle, using a skein of Shawl in a Ball that I picked up at the 2017 Hobby Lobby yarn clearance and it's a pretty decent project as far as mindless knitting goes. 


My oldest son and I spent the entire day Saturday at the Retro Gaming Expo in Portland. Early that morning, I knew I was over packing my project bag with knitting and stitching and books. Odds were that I'd spend most of my time reading on my phone's Kindle app or playing Clockmaker.

That was before I shattered my phone in the parking lot as we were getting out of the car. I spent ten hours knitting and stitching and people watching and read both books I'd brought from cover to cover...and I'm not complaining one bit about the long day. Hours of uninterrupted time to work on what I want to work on is not a bad thing at all.

I do wish I'd had my phone because I could've taken a  picture of my sock in progress with the Unipiper riding by in the background. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails