Saturday, October 05, 2019

{Sorting Through My Stash} Paula Vaughan

I thought I'd try to figure out how many Paula Vaughan cross stitch patterns are out there and I quickly gave up because it's all so overwhelming. There are the books, and the single pattern charts, and the magazines...

I think I'll just keep watching the thrift stores and see what I can find. There doesn't seem to be any duplication between these three books I've already got in my stash, but it's hard to tell because she uses to many similar elements with quilts draped over barbed wire and attic and porch scenes and old dresses. 


Do I even need to mention that I want to stitch them all? I hadn't noticed this wheelbarrow until I was doing my flip through video.


And this piano scene definitely fits in with my current still life obsession....


It's got an attic, and a quilt, and a spinning wheel. And none of her other designs, at least none of the ones I own, have spinning wheels.


I saw someone's pictures of this piece on Instagram and immediately fell in love with the pumpkins (along with just about every other chart in Quilts for All Seasons) and was lucky enough to find a copy at Goodwill after only a couple of weeks of searching.


I'd love to get my hands on Quilts from the Bible or Preserved in Time or The Best of Paula Vaughan Book 2 but it's going to have to be if I'm lucky enough to stumble across them because they're out of print and not cheap.

Are their certain designers you collect just because you love their patterns so much? 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails