Thursday, January 03, 2019

{I've Been Reading} The New Maizie Albright Book



NC-17 by Larissa Reinhart

I waited what felt like forever for this book to come out, then life got busy and it took me almost a month to find time to read it and I loved every page...and now I'm back to waiting impatiently for the next book to come out.  I can't tell you what I loved most about the book without spoiling the plot. It has almost all of the things I loved about the previous books (and the one that's missing is missing for a good reason) and it's also got teenage Youtubers hunting for Bigfoot and their missing friend and a slightly sinister wellness retreat with way too much barbed wire around the garden. Poor Mazie is not doing well at all, but she's trying her absolute best to solve two different cases and deal with her difficult mother and not violate the terms of her probation.




How to Knit a Murder by Sally Goldenbaum

All the Seaside Knitters really know about Rose Chopra is that she entered the yarn shop at the right time to save the inventory from a broken pipe. She's silent about her past, but she's a competent handy woman  and they all like her. Even when a member's husband turns up dead at a house Rose was doing repairs to, they want to trust their new friend.

I didn't realize when I picked this one to read that it's the thirteenth book in the series, but I wasn't left wondering what was going on between the characters. Even though there's obviously backstory involving the relationships and details I didn't know, I was able to thoroughly enjoy the mystery without wondering about what I'd missed in the previous books. There isn't a whole lot of knitting on the pages, but the details of the coastal town made reading it a vicarious beach trip. I'll be looking for the earlier books in this series once I've pared down my to-be-read list a bit.

Disclosure -- I was provided with an advance review  copy of How to Knit a Murder. I bought NC-17. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails