I've been waiting and waiting for my chance to show off my Wicked project!
Ever since Jo posted about her Sunbonnet Sue Dresden Plate Dish Towel and how she made it with her AccuQuilt Go!, I've been wanting to make one for myself. I've also been wanting to make myself a Halloween quilt with Sunbonnet Witches, but the pattern I found in my old magazine collection wasn't quite what I wanted -- those witches have too many sharp angles.
As soon as I signed up for the Wicked blog hop, I started thinking about Jo's dish towel pattern and the pile of black fabric I'd kept together after making a different Halloween project...
I followed Jo's instructions and cut the wedges for the dress with my Dresden Plate die and Sue's arm and hand with the Sunbonnet Sue die. Then I cut a hat out of paper and traced it, experimenting until I got what felt like a good witch hat shape. I started out with a piece of heavy craft muslin that I was going to use to sew the towel myself, but I cheated at the end and bought a ready made one.