Monday, August 19, 2019

Lace Knitting Despite Myself

I'm honestly shocked that these socks have made it up past the heel and into the leg without a total disaster. When I pulled them out of my bag at the tire place a needle had slipped loose and left a dozen or so live lace stitches, but they were easy enough to tame. 


This poor pair of socks got its start while I was still on pain medication for the dental procedure and since then they've been hauled around in my purse with the tips of the needles working their way out through the fabric. My daughter reached into the back seat to grab my ringing phone and stabbed herself. The needles are unbroken and  the stitches, as far as I can tell, are un-dropped. I may actually finish these, despite a complete lack of enthusiasm.

Or I may frog them to free up the needles for something more fun. They've served their purpose and served it well.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails