Saturday, August 17, 2019

All Our Yesterdays Cross Stitch Collection


Do you ever pick up a book and feel like you could stitch (or knit, or quilt) every single project? That was my reaction to All Our Yesterdays Cross Stitch Collection by Faye Whittaker. I love the Edwardian costumes and the scenes that make me think of storybook childhood.


Even though they've all got similar colors and the same feel to them, there's still a big variety. The little girl in the tree is going to be different from stitching the children watching fireworks which will be different from the others.


There's also a mix of big and little projects.


This one has so many things I love -- the ocean, the lighthouse, the old wooden rowboat.


After stitching one of the bookmarks, I'm absolutely loving the shading and back stitched details. As soon as this goes back to the library I want to order a copy for my bookshelf.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails