Thursday, August 29, 2019

{Estate Sale Temptations} No Lights or Prices

This one was an authentic barn sale with a barn full of random stuff and no artificial lighting to help potential buyers get a clear look at what was in the shadowy piles. I'm only partially complaining about that last bit. There's a flashlight on my phone and I would've used it if I really wanted a better look at something. 


Nothing was priced. I did see some colored dots, but there was no price chart to be found so they weren't helpful. For the most part, it was fun to look at but nothing I needed to live with long term.


I am absolutely sure I could come up with a legitimate use for the rusted out frame of an antique baby buggy. I'm also absolutely positive that whatever that use was, I'd be unable to explain it to my husband and get him to load a rusted out baby buggy frame into the back of the truck.


There was a cuckoo clock that I kind of wish we'd brought home. It's not quite as nice as the one I found at that auction a couple of years back but it had completely different carvings and would it be the worst thing ever to buy a possibly non-working cuckoo clock for ten dollars? Seriously -- for ten bucks I could have added a battery mechanism and made it working but not as awesome as it once was.

There was also an antique souvenir guidebook to Pompeii that's absolutely going to haunt me. It was in the barn, in a pile of those old Reader's Digest home maintenance books and I'm sure it was from the turn of the century if not earlier. I have no idea how much they would have wanted. It looked too old for me to afford, but it was also in a pile of junky books in the barn....

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails