Monday, August 26, 2019

Halloween Inspiration and Plans I Should be Making

I should have a to do list for this week and I sort of almost do, but it's mostly behind the scenes stuff and not quilty or stitchy stuff and doesn't belong here on the blog. I  need to find the big box of Crayolas and keep turning the eggs in the incubator in case, against all odds, one or two actually hatch. I'm ridiculously emotionally invested in  those eggs but there were some wobbles in the temperature and the the thermometer broke and I'm not optimistic. What I am is determined to try again with the brand new thermometer.

This post at ann wood handmade has my heart going pitty-pat. I love the idea of the paper ships...and the papers she's using! I also like her idea that if you're making lots of things the individual failures aren't that daunting.

This may be old news to everyone else, but Connie Kresin Campbell at Freemotion by the River has a tutorial for using magnets to hang quilts to your garage door. So as soon as I'm doing with this I'm going to go find out if that huge metal door on our barn is magnetic.

This lady has cut the sides out of rectangular glass bottles and planed succulents in them. I can't tell you how badly I want to do that! Except maybe for the whole blood-thinners thing....maybe I can hand my husband the Dremel tool and sweet talk him into doing it?

Can you believe this dress? That's the Disney Haunted Mansion Ride and it's like a dollhouse, but she's wearing it....there's so much I can't understand about the how and why, but I love it beyond words.




And, believe it or not, it's not the only one!



I will never forget this moment! A dream come true to win Best of show at the Mousequerade!!! The competition this year was truly amazing!! Thank you to @yvettenicolebrown for noticing the time and detail that we put into this costume and for your kind words!! Thank you to my other amazing judges @ashleyeckstein who was cute as can be as Alice and the founder of @rawthreadsathletics @jenrunsoncoffee .It was an honor to be judged by such talent!!! To all the D23 attendees who stopped by to look at my costume and say such nice things, thank you so much! To my fellow Mousequerade family, I've participated in the Mousequerade 3 times and I cannot tell you how amazing, talented and sweet these people are! You are all winners! Also need to give a huge shout out and thanks to my hero doombuggie builder the amazing, @willpemble for 3D printing 65 doombuggies for the costume! This wouldn't have happened without you! Also thanks to @sharpbicycle for giving me free bicycle chain and tools to borrow! And to my husband who this year went over and beyond with support, ultimately taking my vision and making it move!!Thank you again D23 for another wonderful Mousequerade!!! #d23mousequerade #d23 #hauntedmansion #disneylandhauntedmansion #grimgrinninggown #d23expo2019 #d23expo #hauntedmansioncostume
A post shared by Tina Elliott (@tinasdisneylandcostumes) on

I'm almost trying to avoid the craft stores. Have you seen the new Tim Holtz Halloween stuff? I have my heart set on the little metal tags and those realistic eyeballs. Gothic Homemaking did a video of the 2019 Michaels Halloween stuff and I'm thinking that maybe I should just avoid that store until it all sells out.



There are also Halloween flour sack towels at the Dollar Tree and I'm totally tracking those down so I can make them into projects bags.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails