Tuesday, August 06, 2019

{I've Been Reading} The Perfect Girlfriend



The Perfect Girlfriend by Karen Hamilton

We know from early on that Juliette's relationship with Nate is one-sided. They were together, but now they're not...or at least Nate thinks they're not. She hasn't given up on their future. She has plans. She's going by a different name and has a job as a flight attendant with the same airline Nate is a pilot for. When the time is right, she'll reveal all of that to him.

This one is just an average thriller. The pace is slow and I never did find anything to like about Juliette. Or develop an uncomfortable fascination with her ...unlike books like You by Caroline Kepnes, which kept making me forget that Joe was a bad guy. Even when it started to look like she was backed into a corner, I never worried about her.

What I do appreciate about this book is that it was all told from one character's point of view and, although there were several flashbacks, it didn't rely on missing information and untold secrets to build the suspense.


Disclosure -- The publisher provided me with an ARC.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails