Thursday, January 23, 2020

{Antique Shop Temptations} The Calendar Tea Towels

Maybe this explains why I so rarely find old linen tea towels at the local thrift shops and estate sales. It's a whole booth full of them, all prettily displayed...and priced for the antique mall. 


If I'd found one I couldn't live without I absolutely could have taken it home to make a pretty project bag, but I resisted the temptation.

Remember that little toy stove I didn't buy because it wasn't the one I couldn't live without? I have a feeling I'm getting closer to discovering what "the one" might look like. This adorable little thing is actually electric?! I'm so fascinated by that idea (not to mention a little bit terrified) Maybe what I want is a little stove like this one....


I get the feeling that there's a whole rabbit hole of vintage toy ovens just waiting for me to fall down it.

The only other thing that really called our to me was this...


I spent so many hours of my childhood tethered to the kitchen wall by a bright yellow phone just like that one. The color is off, but I'm guessing that's because it faded over the years.

I never fails to amaze me how you can completely forget something existed, then see one in an antique mall and instantly be flooded with memories.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails