Wednesday, January 22, 2020

I Should Probably Frog These Socks


I've known a few knitters who did drastic things, like unravelling whatever was still on their needles at the end of the year. I'm not that kind of knitter....but I'm starting to wonder if I should be.

Currently on my needles are the three slowest pairs of socks in the history of ever. The green cabled paid is okay because the cables are fiddly and take forever, but they're gorgeous. The smocked pair has dark yarn that makes it hard  to keep track of my knits and purls. And this pair, which I've been working on since OCTOBER, is just awful.

Let's call the yarn "rustic" for want of a better word. Those gradient stripes look good in the right light, but the texture leaves a lot to be desired. It's either so tightly spun it winds back on itself, or it's so loosely spun that it wants to shred.

And that's all I've got on my needles right now. Three pairs of socks that are all relatively unpleasant to knit on. It almost makes me wish I'd had a drastic and unreasonable rule to force me to get rid of them.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails