Thursday, January 16, 2020

Riolis Stitch Along

I've been collecting Riolis cross stitch kits for almost two years. Or maybe hoarding -- it's all in how you choose to define things. I've also completed four of them in that time, so I'm not worried at all about finishing (or not finishing) the rest.



People collect all kinds of things and I'm not going to feel bad about collecting these. Wouldn't it have been nice if I'd given in to the temptation to collect the Thomas Kinkade Disney Dreams kits before they all suddenly became unavailable? Those are currently selling for hundreds of dollars on ebay.

I'll stick with what I actually do have in my stash. A couple of weeks ago, an Instagram follower asked if I knew of any Riolis stitch alongs. I hadn't heard of any and couldn't find one when I searched (except for the hedgehog SAL, which was specific and more focused on hedgies than on the Riolis kit so many of us were working on).

So let's start one! I'm planning on opening up this kit, because I'm still unreasonably obsessed with that wheel of cheese and peeled orange.


If you want to join us, just use the hashtag #riolissal on Instagram or wherever else you post your progress pictures. And leave a comment to let me know you'll be stitching along with us!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I will be joining and will be stitching the Basset Hound Riolis kit. Thank you for leading, Michelle.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails