Wednesday, January 15, 2020

{Thrift Shop Temptations} I Resisted the Hundred Year Old Fabric Ads...

Someone donated actual antiques to St. Vinnie's last week. There was an old Edison wax cylinder player (which I'm sure has a proper name that I don't know) and a gramophone and some pretty furniture. 

And lots of those huge hardback binders of fragile hundred year old newspapers...


I want beautiful fabrics at "great concession from regular prices!" I also want a huge binder of newspapers with ads like this one, but they were sooooo crumbly and I don't know where I'd store them or how I'd manage to physically read them.

One of my sons was trying on jeans which gave me plenty of time to carefully flip through a few pages and convince myself to be reasonable.


We also didn't buy this old soft sculpture piece. He looks creepy enough before you realize that his eyes follow you when you move.


I don't know who made him or how they pulled off that effect, but I'm impressed!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails