Tuesday, July 02, 2019

The Albany Carousel

I knew that there was a carousel in Albany and I'd been planning to visit, but somehow I never got around to it or even figured out exactly where it was. It was even on our list of museums we wanted to visit last year.  Earlier this week we discovered that it's right down the block from one of the Row by Row Experience shops. 


I'd also seen on Facebook that they offer free tours...so I was completely and totally out of excuses. One of those had been that Salem has a carousel and we'd been to that one more than a few times over the years.

There's no comparison. The animals in Albany are fabulously detailed...


They have some old animals and artwork on display. (Please let me know what you think is going on in those two panels. I want to see if your guess about the lady on the left matches ours.)


There are lots more animals in progress and I loved seeing the partially carved ones with their concept art.


I think I'd forgotten how much I love carousels....and that I didn't realize new ones can be absolutely amazing.


Somehow, I didn't get any still pictures of the actual carousel...but I did get a bit of video.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails