Thursday, July 18, 2019

{Estate Sale Tempatations} Another Barn Sale

We went to another barn sale and my husband bought practical stuff. I bought these, dust and cobwebs and all...


So far I'm halfway through First Stop Honolulu and they've just barely decided to make the flight. I've also learned a lot of new words and phrases. Juveniles in 1927 must have been a vastly different target audience from middle aged women in 2019. Don't get me wrong, I can figure out what most of it means. But I'm not sure my kids would be able to tackle all of the obscure metaphors.

I resisted the temptation to buy a popcorn popper just like the one we had when I was growing up. 


And I resisted the old toys. If that kaleidoscope had been just a little bit cleaner....did I mention that this was a barn sale? It was one of the dustier, dirtier ones.


We went back on the second day and I didn't even think to look to see if this landscape was still hanging there.


Or these two, which are almost identical. I mean, they are identical but one is a lot more faded than the other.


And there was Tupperware. Honestly, I'd have thought this stuff was too far gone for a thrift shop donation, but they wanted top dollar for pieces with cracked lids.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails