Saturday, July 06, 2019

Cross Stitch Myth and Magic



I stumbled across Cross Stitch Myth and Magic at the Friends of the Library bookstore and I'm so glad I did.

It was this frost fairy that made the book a must-buy.


The chart is all in shades of blue and it looks like she may be kind of brutal to stitch -- but isn't it gorgeous? I'd have regretted not having her in my pile of ambitious projects that I'm saving for some distant future date.

There's also a Teresa Wentzler design.


I looked this one up on Teresa's website and it was designed just for this book. It also has fewer colors and fractional stitches than most of her big projects.

I can't decide if I love the mermaid or just like her.


The facial features seem to fade from the stitching, but so many needlework projects look amazing in person compared to the pattern photographs. And I do love her grotto....so she'll be another someday project.

The book also contains dozens of little spot motifs that are only shown as charts so I can't show them to you here.  If you want to see more of the big projects, click through to the Youtube video for a flip through.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails