Sunday, July 14, 2019

The 2019 Sisters Outdoor Quilt Show

It's quilt show weekend and I'm happily exhausted after three whole days of visiting quilt shops and walking the streets of Sisters and thrifting and planning future projects.


We were out the door and ready to look at quilts at 7:30 am.  The show doesn't officially start until nine, but there were already lots of quilts up and getting our start before many other people are on the streets and the day starts to get warm means we get to see more quilts.

This is the first one I saw and I was immediately in love.


It's called Foolish Mortals and the quilter, Val Livingston, says on Instagram that the pattern will be available later this month in her etsy shop.


Just around the corner was another of her quilts. The pattern for Jellies is already available.


Three versions of Gypsy Wife hanging in a row, and I know I saw others while we were wandering.


I took a picture of this one so that I could look up the designer, but managed to crop off her name. If anyone knows who it is, please leave me a comment. I'd love to see if she's got other quilts posted online.


Look at that dragon and those frogs. I swear I saw reversible sequins in all of that shiny fabric and my pictures don't even begin to capture the orange of the flames.


This narrow alley was, as far as I can tell, applique with amazing quilted texture.


And I can't tell you how much I love this rooster. One of our chickens always has that same dazed look on her face. I found the quilter, Soopermommy, on Instagram.


This scene is applique. Three of us balanced on uneven rocks for a closer look and that water is layers of fabric. Those little windows are fabric. And the sky has appliqued squares that make it look pieced.


Someone made Legendary with a fuzzy Sasquatch....


My feet are tired and my head is spinning with ideas and possibilities and now I'm going to start checking posts by my bloggy friends to see what they all saw that I missed.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails