Monday, July 22, 2019

Dealing With the Edges

My sewing machine has been in its roller case for a ridiculously long time and I've been putting off projects because the thirty seconds or so that it would take to unzip the case and lift the machine onto my sewing table seemed daunting. (I've also been having a lot of fun with other things.) 

When Maynia started and I gridded fabric for those twenty new projects, I didn't bother zig-zag my edges.


It's not a necessary step but if you're stitching in hand or putting a piece in and out of Q-snaps repeatedly, the edges will start to fray and the dangling threads get annoying. So I usually run the edges through my machine and do a wide zig-zag stitch that's just enough to keep things tidy.

On Saturday I set up the machine and did the edges of the projects I've been working on.


1 comment:

Angie in SoCal said...

A good tip especially for slow poke me. Keep cool and having fun. Blessings,

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails